Who can join SWE?
Anyone of any gender who is supportive of our mission to empower and support women through innovative programs that provide technical and leadership experience in open and encouraging environments. Since 1954, PSWE has been dedicated to motivating young women to attain the highest levels of education and career advancement.
How to Join SWE
See instructions below!
1. Go to www.swe.org/join
2. On the left hand side click "Become a Member (non-member)".
3. Fill out your personal information (use your legal name and a valid email address).
4. The next page will lead you to a large profile form for you to fill out. After you have completed the form to the best of your knowledge (all fields with red asterisks filled out), click “Save my Profile”.
5. The next page is where you select the type of membership you want. Choose which one is best for you.
Additional Membership Options:
- If you still have two or more years left in college, consider the Collegiate to Career (C2C) option. You will pay $50 for your membership for the rest of your collegiate career and your first year as a professional member of SWE.
- If you would like a joint membership with the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), or American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES), select that society. This will add $3 to your membership fee.
Then, click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
6. This page is where you customize your membership options. The only thing you need to change here is your chapter. Select “H072 – Purdue University, West Lafayette”.
7. Enter your payment information on this page. Make sure that this membership is the one you have chosen and your billing information is correct.
We are sponsoring several C2C scholarships this year! Apply here to be considered.